Letting go

Letting go

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Role Models



One of my friends who I have known since elementary school, just buried a daughter this weekend. I just wanted to say thank you to Angie and James for being awesome role models of trusting in Christ during a very difficult time. They have shared pictures, videos, and updates during the past few weeks that their daugther has been hospitalized. I will never forget Angie's statement that they are grieving, but will not live in dispair because of needing to be strong for their other three children. They were able to give a testimony that they still believe in miracles and a God who heals, even though their daugther was not healed.






Also, this weekend, I was able to hear a song recorded by a group of guys at my church. They are raising money for a young girl in need of a heart transplant, and hope to raise $75,000.00 to help with the cost of the procedure. I am so thankful for another example of great role models. When people are able to give to others, use their talents, help in a crisis, and be humble...what a great reminder of people doing Christ's work here on earth. I don't know what the future holds, but I know I will remember these wonderful examples of where to gain strength during trials

No comments:

Post a Comment